Buyer’s Guide to Planters
There are several factors to consider when looking for the right outdoor planter for your property. Dawn Enterprises offers a wide variety of planters in various materials, designs, and sizes. This buyer’s guide can help you narrow down the search and select the right planters for your needs.
The obvious place to start is determining your desired cost per planter. Keep in consideration delivery and set-up costs associated with placing the planter as well.
The three biggest factors that affect the total price are:
- The material of the planter
- The weight of the planter
- The size of the planter
While most of our planters are intended for outdoor use, it is not uncommon for fiberglass and plastic planters to be used inside large areas like airports, malls, and stadiums.
The placement of your planters is important to consider before purchasing. While lighter-weight planters such as fiberglass and plastic may be able to be moved by hand prior to planting, equipment may be required to move heavier concrete planters.
We offer planters in a variety of materials, including concrete, fiberglass, plastic, and metal. Each planter material offers advantages at its respective price point. The material you select should be guided by these questions:
- Will the planter be placed indoors or outdoors?
- Will the planter serve a second purpose, e.g., as a barrier for vehicles or pedestrians?
- What design, size, and color are you looking for?
Explore the advantages of our most popular planter types below.
5 Reasons To Choose Fiberglass Planters
1. Durability: Fiberglass is an extremely popular material for planters because of its exceptional durability. Fiberglass is strong, fade-resistant, chemical-resistant, and corrosion-proof. They are also very weather-resistant and will not splinter, crack, or fade when exposed to the elements.
2. Value: Despite being among the strongest and most desired planters on the market, when factoring in lower shipping costs and fewer replacement costs, fiberglass planters in fact prove to be a great value. They show virtually no wear and tear from the weather, making them a logical long-term solution.
3. Low Maintenance: Fiberglass planters are highly recommended because they require very little maintenance and are easy to transport and place prior to planting. The only maintenance required is a light cleaning with a damp sponge or rag. If you want an additional shine, you could even polish them with automotive or marine paint wax.
4. Decorative: Fiberglass planters are available in a wide range of colors and finishes to match your existing décor or color scheme. Fiberglass planters have the largest variety in regards to shape, design, color, and finishes.
5. Versatility: Thanks to a low expansion/contraction rate, fiberglass planters can be placed both indoors or outdoors without damaging them. Together with their durability, low maintenance needs, and wide variety of options, this makes fiberglass planters among the most versatile planting solutions.
5 Reasons To Choose Plastic Planters
1. Durability: Extremely weather-resistant, plastic planters will not splinter or crack when exposed to the elements. This makes plastic a very popular material choice for outdoor commercial planters.
2. Value: Available at lower price points than fiberglass and concrete planters, plus with lower shipping costs and fewer replacement costs, plastic planters are truly a great value. And because they show virtually no wear and tear from the weather, your investment in plastic planters will go the furthest, lasting season after season.
3. Low Maintenance: Plastic planters require very little maintenance aside from a light occasional cleaning with a damp sponge or rag. Plus, their light weight makes them easy to transport and place prior to planting.
4. Decorative: Complement your color scheme and décor with plastic planters, available in a wide variety of colors and finishes.
5. Versatility: Lightweight, durable, low-maintenance, and available in a plethora of styles, plastic planters are among the most versatile planting solutions.
5 Reasons To Choose Concrete Planters
1. Security: Because of their size and weight, our outdoor concrete planters typically do double duty for commercial spaces, acting as security barriers to protect pedestrians and buildings from vehicles. Their heavy weight also deters theft.
2. Durability: The durable construction of our concrete planters means they will hold up well to a variety of weather conditions. Whatever your climate, concrete planters can be a practical long-term showcase for your plants.
3. Versatility: Concrete planters are available in a variety of sizes, shapes, colors, and finishes, so they can be used to achieve the look you want, whether classic, modern, or anything in between.
4. Eco-Friendly: Post-consumer glass can be added into our concrete planters, giving them a higher content of recycled material as well as an attractive and unique finish.
5. Plant-Friendly: Spacious and strong, our concrete planters have drain holes and weep channels to ensure your plants will never be harmed by over-watering. This makes them a great choice for outdoor placements where they will be exposed to the elements.